About the Project
Provided turnkey engineering, construction, and project management services for the upgrade of eleven (11) pipeline booster pump stations on a pipeline transporting refined liquid petroleum.
Arseal’s turnkey services included the following responsibilities:
- Electrical engineering and design:
- Develop complete electrical drawing sets for construction.
- Design and inspect new PLC and control cabinets and panels.
- Specify materials and equipment.
- Provide installation and commissioning support to electrical contractor.
- Obtain and implement as-builts on record drawings.
- Create P&ID and loop diagram drawings.
- Automation and controls:
- Develop and rigorously test PLC and HMI programs.
- Coordinate with SCADA group for pre-testing and commissioning point-to-point checkout.
- Conduct testing during commissioning to ensure control system and communications function safely and accurately.
- Create documents including maintenance manuals, testing check lists, functional specifications and block diagrams, communication architecture diagrams, I/O lists, SCADA data maps, and HMI operations manuals.
- Provide/manage Internal Electrical sub-contractor, furnish necessary electrical material.
- Coordinate with 3rd-party Electrical sub-contractor.
- Project Management:
- Schedule Front-End-Loading/Data-Gathering site visits.
- Interface with client to provide project status and identify issues.
- Ensure engineering design and construction progressing safely, accurately, and on schedule.
- Coordinate with client to schedule pipeline downtime for commissioning.
- Schedule/Drive milestone meetings during planning & execution of project.
Arseal’s turnkey services allowed the client to safely and efficiently complete all the facility upgrades under budget and in less than 2 years.