About the Project
Arseal provided detailed engineering design services, procurement, project management, and controls and automation design for the addition of butane offloading functionality for a client in Knoxville, TN.
Arseal performed the following mechanical, civil, controls and electrical engineering for the addition:
- Design and installation of a butane offloading skid and the piping from skid to existing the tanks.
- Addition of two new 1800 gpm tank pumps and three new 20hp tank mixers.
- Modification of tank roofs to accommodate new mixer and installation of new jet nozzles for jet blending.
- Addition of a new MCC and electrical distribution panel to provide power for the butane skid, tank pumps, and mixers.
- Modifications and additions to the existing PLC panel to incorperate control of the butane offloading operation and pumps.
- Creation of a layout for a new truck drive to allow access to the offloading skid.
Arseal provided project management support for the engineering, design, and construction of the assets at the Knoxville Facility. These responsibilities included:
- Coordinated all engineering and design services required including site planning/civil, mechanical/piping, and electrical.
- Assisted with material procurement by bidding materials and awarding contracts.
- Conducted bidding of all contractor services, reviewed bids, and awarded contracts.
- Developed permit package and obtained permits from the city and county.
- Daily communication and follow up with the site inspector to ensure that all construction activities proceeded safely and on schedule.
Arseal’s technical expertise and project management were key to completing this project safely and on time for the client.