About the Project
Various Locations, Southeast US –
Magellan has installed ethanol unloading, storage, and rack blending equipment and infrastructure at 18 facilities throughout the southeast since 2007. Rack blending techniques include sequential, ratio, and side stream.
Arseal performed mechanical, civil, structural and electrical engineering and design for the expansion of the client’s facility to include the following new assets:
- Ethanol unloading skid.
- Ethanol tank pumps and piping.
- Meters, control valves, and automated valves for multiple blend methods.
- Driver’s building including foundation.
- Motor Control Center, Variable Frequency Drives (VFD), motor soft starters, Accuload, HMI, and card readers.
- New truck driveway, containment, and canopy.
Additionally, we provided project management support for the design and construction of the assets. Our responsibilities included:
- Coordination of engineering services required including civil, mechanical, structural, and electrical.
- Assistance with material procurement by bidding materials, awarding contracts and tracking progress of material deliveries.
- Permitting with the local jurisdictions.
- Bidding of all contractor services, review of bids and award of contracts.
- Oversight of all work on site with multiple contractors of various disciplines.
- Coordination of efforts between operations, controls and SCADA for commissioning of new assets.
Arseal provided the technical and design expertise to help make these projects successful.