About the Project
Houston, TX – Provided detailed engineering and design services, procurement, project management, and controls and automation assistance for the expansion of a pipeline facility to include assets for the new 400 mile BridgeTex pipeline.
Arseal performed mechanical, structural and electrical engineering and design for the expansion of the client’s facility to include new BridgeTex assets which include:
- Inbound station for a 20” pipeline from Colorado City, TX with metering, proving and sampling capable of receiving at 12,700 bph.
- Addition of headers and tank laterals at the existing crude manifold.
- (4) 350k bbl tanks.
- Outbound station for a 24” pipeline from East Houston to Texas City with tank pumps, booster pumps, metering, proving, sampling and mainline unit pumps capable of delivering at 15,000 bph.
Arseal provided project management support for the engineering, design and construction of the BridgeTex assets at the East Houston facility. Responsibilities included:
- Coordinated of all design and engineering services required including site planning/civil, mechanical/piping, structural, electrical, and fire protection.
- Assisted with material procurement by bidding materials, awarding contracts and tracking progress of material deliveries.
- Assisted with permitting.
- Conducted bidding of all contractor services, reviewed bids and awarded contracts.
- Oversaw all work on site with multiple contractors of various disciplines.
- Coordinated efforts between operations, controls and SCADA for commissioning of new assets.
Arseal provided controls and automation startup assistance at the Colorado City Facility which included checking wiring to PLC and device wiring prior to startup.
Arseal provided the technical and design expertise and resources that the client needed to complete this project.